Target Company: Design Sportswear Ltd. (“Design Sportswear”)
Vendor: Charles Duncan Roberts (“Roberts”)
Purchaser: Industry Purchaser
Transaction Date: April 5, 2010
Company Description: Design Sportswear is Western Canada’s largest independent textile screen printer and specialty print applicator which offers specialty print applications for t-shirts, garments, and textiles.
Transaction: Roberts sold a two-thirds interest in Design Sportswear to the Industry Purchaser.
Role of Evans & Evans: Evans & Evans, Inc. acted as the Lead Advisor to Roberts over the period June 2009 to March 2010, providing services including:
- Preparing a corporate overview that includes a review of corporate valuation
- Introducing potential working partners in Canada and outside of Canada that would acquire a stake in Design Sportswear
- Identifying purchasers of Design Sportswear
- Advising on potential deal structures and negotiating terms of the transaction
- Managing the closing of the transaction including liaising with lawyers, accountants, and other professionals