Target Company: Grande West Transportation Group Inc. (“Grande West”)
Listing Date: December 13, 2013
Public Financing: C$5,300,000, through an initial public offering of 10,000,000 common shares at a price of $0.50 per common share and a concurrent private placement of 600,000 common shares at a price of C$0.50 per common share.
Company Description: Grande West Transportation Group Inc. is a bus manufacturing company in the business of marketing and selling a heavy duty mid-size bus known as the Vicinity that targets the demand for compact buses in the North American transit market.
Transaction: Grande West completed its initial public offering of C$5,000,000 and a concurrent private placement of C$300,000 and commenced trading on the TSX Venture Exchange on December 20, 2013.
Market Capitalization: C$ 17.6 million at closing
Role of Evans & Evans: Evans & Evans, Inc. acted as the Lead Advisor to Grande West, providing services including:
- Performing due diligence and valuation analysis on Grande West
- Preparing packaging documents including business plans and corporate presentations
- Advising on potential deal structures and negotiating terms of the transaction
- Assembling and managing the financing syndicate
- Managing the closing of the transaction including liaising with lawyers, accountants, agents and sponsors